Seaton Demographics (VIC) Local Stats

Seaton (3858) is a suburb of South Eastern Victoria, Gippsland, Victoria. It is about 149 kms from VIC's capital city of Melbourne. Seaton is in the federal electorate of Gippsland.

In the 2011 census the population of Seaton was 215 and is comprised of approximately 50.7% females and 49.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Seaton is 49 years of age.

81.0% of people living in the suburb of Seaton were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 6.5% England, 1.9% New Zealand, 1.9% Scotland.

93.0% of people living in Seaton speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 7.0% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Seaton is 25.1% No religion, 23.7% Catholic, 23.3% Anglican, 13.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 6.5% Uniting Church, 2.8% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.4% Other religious affiliation , 1.4% Other Protestant, 1.4% Buddhism, 1.4% Christian, nfd.

52.2% of people are married, 32.6% have never married and 4.3% are divorced and 8.2% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Seaton.

60.7% of the people living in Seaton over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 24.6% are working on a part time basis. Seaton has an unemployment rate of 4.9%.

The main occupations of people living in Seaton are 25.0% Managers, 19.8% Technicians & trades workers, 17.2% Labourers, 10.3% Professionals, 10.3% Machinery operators & drivers, 6.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 6.0% Community & personal service workers, 5.2% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Seaton work in are 22.6% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.3% Manufacturing, 9.6% Health care and social assistance, 7.8% Retail trade, 7.8% Construction, 7.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 7.0% Electricity, gas, water and waste services, 6.1% Education and training, 6.1% Other services.

45.9% of homes are fully owned, and 37.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 9.4% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $624 per week and the median household income is $1375 per week.

The median rent in Seaton is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1200 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Seaton postcode 3858

  • Qpzm LocalStats Victoria Suburb of the Day: Buchan South 3885 -> South Eastern Victoria -> Victoria